Monday, July 1, 2013

Holiday coming up....


Yep, July 4th is round around the corner and I've been making July 4 holiday cards.  I always like to send my sisters each a card for every holiday.  I hope they like getting them as much as I like making the cards.  Anyway, today I am sharing two cards I made that were NOT selected to go to "the sisters."  Yes, both are perfectly nice cards, but still, they didn't make the cut!

This first one is red card stock, layered with Marina Mist .  I used the stars from the new Simply Stars stamp set by Stampin' Up!  The word "Freedom" comes from Words of Courage.  Love that set!!
So while this one was all right, I tried again.  Here is the second one:
For this one, I used the Stripes embossing folder, brayered red inside it, and laid in a piece of white cardstock.  Messy, but it gave me stripes.  I used the new Ovals Collection framelits to cut out the oval and also to make the red border for it.  The stars again are from the Simply Stars set.  And the sentiment on this one is from the Make a Wish set.

This one was closer to what I wanted but was not quite it.  Come back on July 4th to see the one I made for my sisters!!
Smiles, Laura


No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all comments you leave. If acceptable, they will be posted to by blog.