Saturday, July 13, 2013

A Card for Dillon....

My grandson Dillon is going on a mission trip to NYC next week.  This will be his second time to go and I am not sure who is blessed more--the youth his team witnesses to, or Dillon and his team.  He enjoyed so very much last year sharing the Good News and winning souls to Christ.  Anyway, I'm so happy his is getting to go again.  I wanted to send him a card, telling him I'll be praying for him while he's there and also sending him alittle spending money to take with him.  So here is his card I made.

This card uses the Triple Stamping technique and I'm sure alot of you are very familiar with the technique.  It's not new.  But this does happen to be the first card I've made using this technique!

The card itself is the usual, 5.5"x 8.5", scored at 4.25" and folded in half.  (You would also make it 4.25" x 11" and fold it in half at 5.5" too.  Your choice. 

The three whitee pieces are cut 4" x 5.25", 4.25" x 3", and 3.50" x 2.25".  The suede pieces backing the two smaller white sizes are cut 4.50" x 3.25" and 3.50" x 2.25".

To stamp the white pieces, simply put a small dot of adhesive tape (removable if you have it) in the middle of each white pc. of card stock and lay the next smaller one on top, until you have the 3 of them stacked.  Then stamp whatever you want on the three, changing colors, adding some background "busy-ness" etc.  I used the Need for Speed stamp set that is retired because I knew Dillon would like the car and 4-wheeler.

Then pull the three apart, add their respective backings and glue them together again.  On this card I did not use dimensionals between them, but you an use dimensionals if you wish.
I added the button and this sentiment "You're one of my nicest thoughts" to Dillon's card.  He is one of my nicest thoughts!!
Here is another card I made.   This one is made with Marina Mist cardstock.  I used the By the Tide set on this card.

There are SO MANY sets you can use on the Triple stamping technique.  Just let your imagination flow.....

I hope you like these two cards!  Go try making your own!  And visit my blog again soon!!
Smiles, Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all comments you leave. If acceptable, they will be posted to by blog.