Thursday, July 4, 2013

Happy Fourth of July to everyone !!!! Happy Birthday, America!!!

I promised the other day I'd share with you the card I made for my three sisters, to commemorate our Nation's birthday.  I love this particular holiday!!!  We always go to see the local fireworks and cook out and generally have a wonderful time.  

This card is red, layered with navy and then Crumb Cake.  I ran the crumb cake through the Big Shot using the Stripes embossing folder.  I cut out a blue oval and the red border oval using the Ovals Collection framelits.  

Uncle Sam is made using the 1-3/4" circle punch, the 1-3/4" Scallop Punch and the Word Window punch for the hat's brim.  I cut a 1-1/4" x 1-1/4" square from the Silver Glimmer Paper, and added 3 stripes using Red Glimmer Paper.  The 3 stars are also punched from the glimmer paper.
The sentiment on this one is from the Make a Wish set.  I cut the candles off mine because I knew I'd use it more without all those candles.  I put it using a die from the new Chalk Talk set.

So what do you think?  Isn't this the best of the 3 July 4th cards I made?  I hope my sisters like it!!  And HAPPY BIRTHDAY, AMERICA.  May you all have a wonderful celebration today!!
Smiles, Laura

1 comment:

I appreciate all comments you leave. If acceptable, they will be posted to by blog.