Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Happy 93rd Birthday, Dad!!

I think I told you earlier that my Dad's birthday is in July and that's he's patriotic.  I wanted to use stars for his card this year, but not the usual red, white, and blue colors.  So I chose Navy, Elegant Eggplant and Island Indigo--and of course white and Silver Shimmer paper.  Those first 3 seemed like masculine colors to me.  

The card itself isn't a fancy one.  Just some stars punch out using our retired star punches.  The sentiment is from our Make a Wish set.  A big-numbered birthday like 93 IS time for a celebration!!  My sisters and I and our husbands are taking Dad out for lunch to celebrate.
Here is a close up of the stars.  The silver ones are popped up!

I put more stars inside and included the "Make a Wish" sentiment.  
I'm hoping Dad is around to celebrate his 100th birthday with us!!!  For now, each one he has is a special one for us all to celebrate!!  Happy Birthday, Dad!!!!  I sure do love you!!

Smiles, Laura

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday to your dad! Yes, 93 is definitely cause for celebration. I'll bet he loved that pretty card!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all comments you leave. If acceptable, they will be posted to by blog.