Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Happy July 4th Card for Dad....

I will share with you tomorrow the cards I made for my 3 sisters for July 4th, but today I wanted to show you one I made for my Dad.  His birthday is in July and he usually selected red, white and blue for colors to celebrate.  I didn't use those colors this year (you'll see that card on another entry) but I did decide to make him a card using the Red, White, and Blue.  My dad is SOOOO patriotic in a quiet way.  He doesn't talk about it, but he is a decorated veteran of World War II and a very special man.  

I used Stampin' Up!'s new Designer Series Paper Stacks in the Brights collection for the background.  The card itself is Night of Navy.  

I used the new Simply Stars stamp set for the stars.  The sentiments are from the Make a Wish set and the Memorable Moments set.  And I punched both size stars using the two SU retired Star punches.  Boy, I wish those two were still current so I could use them in class.
 Here is a close up of the stars, so you can see that I used some Silver Glimmer paper for some of the stars.
I think Dad's going to like this one!!  An early Happy July 4th to all of you!!
Smiles, Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all comments you leave. If acceptable, they will be posted to by blog.