Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Bragging on Jessica..

Sorry, but I hope you will indulge me today.  Jessica finally told me recently that she made all A's for the year in school.  Funny that she and Dillon both hate to brag on their accomplishments and I have to ask how their grades are, knowing they both do well.  Well, I remember when I was in the 6th grade, I also made all A's that year, so I was very happy Jessica did, too. Next month when she starts school, she will be starting in junior high. 

I wanted to congratulate Jessica and send her a little gift.  I decided to send her money for a pedicure, since she loves getting those.  Here is her card I made her to send it in.

I did not have a pattern for the sunglasses, so I just freehand cut them.  I first cut the glasses from basic grey card stock and then cut them again from designer paper.  But I did cut out the centers of the designer paper, so when I glued it to the grey card stock, it looks like glasses.

I had to add a flower for alittle pizzazz.  And I used a retired stamp set for the sentiment. 
Here is a close-up.
Jessica loved the card and said, "money is always useful."  Ha!  I wonder if she'll get that pedicure or something else with it.  Hummm.....

Anyway, I'm totally proud of her for making such great grades!!  Makes me wonder if Dillon made all A's, too. He'd never tell.... Ha!

Thanks for stopping in.  Smiles, Laura

3 comments:

  1. Blessings be on those grands! Bless you, Laura, for stumping on your grands' behalf. Each child with a support system does better in school and life. Teachers so love to hear about the support system members! Smart ones will brag on you, too.
    What a glasses frame you crafted. Pedi, funds, and fun frames in one envie. What a special grand you are for giving straight up attention to academics!
    mt23stamperatyahodc Keep Looking UP!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura, just noticed that you monitor your emails prior to posting public. Smart. In this spamish world of folks not knowing kindergarten rules and practicing them, it is wise to be safe. I really do hail you for purposely making academics an expected job well done. Yes! A = 4.0 is fine, doing the best possible in a subject area not so favored is a bragging point, too....if grandson is holding out he's still top shelf for effort and successful completion. These days, I compliment students who know where to look for answers and/ or how to solve an information problem or plug in a formula to make algebra stylized math zip to an answer of practical calculations. So many of my teaching buddies look at junior high and high school students who do not have working knowledge of teaspoons to tablespoons, ounces to pounds, or days to months, etc. Well, Laura, you are a winning grand to those two blest kids! Love 'em up real good! Had to stop by and brag on you a wee after reading your excited blog and seeing your fine work. Thanking FATHER for your skills and loving sharing with your grands. Please erase this visit comment. Thank you for erasing and not showing this as a public entry. Keep Looking UP! mt23stamper@yahoo.com I am wife to Terry whose google account is being used in these entries. Thanks for erasing this entry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So neat! I am not sure at all that I could have cut those glasses free hand. Great job!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all comments you leave. If acceptable, they will be posted to by blog.