Friday, August 24, 2012

Inspired by Connie....

The card I'm sharing today was inspired by a wonderful designer, Connie Babbert.  No, mine isn't exactly like hers, but her card inspired me.  

This card is Cherry Cobbler with Whisper White on the front.  I used the Northern Flurry embossing folder on the white.

The designer paper on the front is Snow Festival series.  I stamped the little bird from the For The Birds set on Crumb Cake and colored him.  I cut the image out using a die in the Apothecary Accents Framelit set.  I didn't want to put brads on each side of it, so I punched out little Christmas trees using the new Merry Minis Punch Pack.  I wanted the tree to "pop" so I added  Dazzling Details Glimmer Adhesive on each tree.  I popped up the trees with dimensionals so that the stand out more---and the glitter helps
The ribbons hanging from it also add dimension.

Hope you like this one!!  See you soon!!  Smiles, Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all comments you leave. If acceptable, they will be posted to by blog.