Friday, August 10, 2012

A new shape....

We made this card in class last month and I love its shape.  I used the new Oval Accent Bigz Clear die to cut the card itself (made from Marina Mist).  I first folded the cardstock, like I would for a regular card I was making, and then ran it throught the Big Shot with the die.  Notice the slight flat place on the top of the card?  That's where it's folded.  Then I ran the front of the card only through the new Fancy Fan embossing folder to give the card texture.  Love it!!

I like how the largest die from Apothecary Accents Framelits group fits inside the Oval Accent shape, so I cut designer paper from the World Spectacular collection to put on the Marina cardstock. 
I used another die from the Apothecary Accents die collection for the light blue sentiment shape.  And I smudged Marina Mist around the edges--you know how I like smudging!  The sentiment on this card is from the Trust God stamp set.  I decided some yellow butterflies cut with the Beautiful Wings embosslit would be a nice touch, so I added those. 

Opening a card envelope to find this unusually-shaped card would be fun!  Make one for folks on your mailing list!!

Thanks for stopping by.  Please leave a comment as I love seeing what you think!! Smiles, Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all comments you leave. If acceptable, they will be posted to by blog.