Friday, October 19, 2012

Center Easel Card....

Today I'm showing you the second Halloween card I am sending to my sisters this month.  It is a center easel card and I think they will like it.  I did a center easel for sister Connie for her birthday, but the others did not see it.  I saw the center easel on Bronwyn Eastley's blog, addinktivedesigns.blogspot.com  as her May 19, 2012 post (don't remember what she called it so I am calling it a center easel) and she says she saw it in Creative Stamping Magazine, Issue 3.  You can tell we stampers all share and use what we make and find elsewhere.  But Bronwyn is definitely the "easel queen" so I appreciate her inspiration.

For this one, I used Tangerine Tango, Basic Grey, Basic Black, and Very Vanilla cardstock. The designer paper is from the Howlstooth & Scaringbone series.  Love that paper!!  The little cat on the front is the Frightening Feline stamp.  I stamped it in Tangerine and then stamped the SCREAM again in black, cut it out and layered it over the tangerine "scream."  I added a bow for the cat's neck and Rhinestone jewels for his eyes.  I layered him on black and grey that I cut using the Window Frames Collection dies.

OK, for the "hows."   I folded the standard card in half (5-1/2" x 11").  Cut at 1-1/2" and at 4" from one side all the way in to the fold.  This gives you two sides that are 1-1/2" wide and a center section that is 2-1/2" wide.  Score the center section across its middle (at 2-1/8".)  Glue down the two side "flaps" and fold the center to make an "easel fold."  
 Decorate the front with designer paper.  The grey dotted here is 2-1/4" wide x 1-7/8" high--you need two of these.  The side pieces are 1-1/4" wide by 4" high.  After you get the designer paper added, the add the cat.  For the inside "boo," punch out a black circle and cut the smallest Window Frames Collection die.  "Boo" is from the Spooky Bingo Bits stamp set.
I hope this card is a hit when my sisters get it.  I like it!!

Thanks for visiting my blog today.  Please leave comments, so I'll know you were here!
Smiles, Laura

2 comments:

  1. Really cute! I'm sure your sisters will love them! Thanks for sharing the "how to"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sister #1 and I loved mine!! It's great to have such a talented, thoughtful sister!! I'm accumulating quite a collection of her cards!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all comments you leave. If acceptable, they will be posted to by blog.