Saturday, April 2, 2011

Easter chicks....

I decided to make some of these cards to mail to family for my Easter card this year.  Aren't these little chicks the cutest!!
I made them using the Two-Step Bird Punch.  There were two of them on my collages I shared in an earlier entry.  The card itself is Wild Wasabi, matted with So Saffron and then topped with the "picture" of the grass/yard.  I used the grass stamp in the Inspired by Nature set to stamp the grass.  Then I sponged a little Wasabi ink across it to look like the ground.  I also sponged some Bashful Blue for the sky.
To make the little chicks themselves, I punched the bird using the Two-Step Bird punch and cut up from the body to take off both tails.  I sponged the edges with some Saffron ink.  The wing is punched from So Saffron, using the end of the Scallop Oval.  I trimmed it a bit to get it the correct shape.
  
For the sentiment, I punched cardstock with the Decoration Label, the 1-3/8" Circle and the Large Oval punches.  The "Easter Wishes" comes from the Something to Celeberate level 3 Hostess set.

I hope my family likes this little card! Thanks for stopping by today!! Smiles, Laura

Ed. note:  When I posted this sample, I knew I had seen these chicks somewhere but could not remember and did not have her name.  I finally found them again this week.  They were shared by Ann Fitzgerald.  See them on her blog:  http://www.annscreativemoments.com/ .  Thanks, Ann, for the idea!

 

4 comments:

  1. beautiful card! I may have to copy it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are so cute Laura!! What a brilliant job you have done. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your little chickies are just too cute!!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all comments you leave. If acceptable, they will be posted to by blog.