Monday, April 4, 2011

Birthday Birds....

Granddaughter Jessica wanted to make her daddy a birthday card the other day and this is the card we made. (She made one to mail and I made one for fun.)   I've made birdies using the Ornament punch before but didn't bother to hunt it up.  We just made this one from scratch.   Aren't these two cute!!
                            
The body is the Ornament Punch.  The wings are made using the wings from the Two-Step Bird Punch.  The beak is the heart in the Two-Step Owl punch.  We used the butterfly punch for the lighter parts of the body.  And the feet are a circle cut in half.  I MEANT to trim that to toes, but forgot to before mounting it.  Oh, well...

This birdie is made with Not Quite Navy and Marina Mist cardstock.
Here is the red/pink one.  She is made using the Cherry Cobbler and Pretty in Pink cardstock.
The card itself is Marina Mist and the white cut from the Top Note die is layers onto Not Quite Navy.  Jessica was very pleased with how this card turned out.  I know her dad loved it!!

The sentiment "Celebrate!" is from the Something to Celebreat Level 2 hostess set. 

Hope you like this one!! Smiles, Laura

5 comments:

  1. love these guys!!!!! greeat job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura, you just blow me away with your punch art, I love everything you do. Darling card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laura I adore these darling fat little birdies! They are too cute not to make! So glad you posted them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous little birdies - you are tempting me to buy a couple more punches....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable!! What a fun idea! thanks for sharing it! Those little birdies are too cute! :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all comments you leave. If acceptable, they will be posted to by blog.