Saturday, September 11, 2010

Feeling Blue?

Today I'm sharing a couple of cards that Jessica and I made when she was with me before school started.  We had such fun stamping and playing.  I have some stamps with sayings from children and just love using them, especially when Jessica and I are stamping.  They are so appropriate for her to use on her cards.

                                           
This frist card was fun.  We used glossy white cardstock and reinkers and a "wet one".  We just put red ink on the wet one and drug it down the piece of paper.  We followed that with other colors, orange, yellow, green, blue and purple.  They left beautiful color down our page.  We backed this piece with black cardstock and stamped the sentiment beside it.  I just love this sentiment, "If you are feeling blue, tryin painting yourself a different color."  Neat!!  Adding the different colors of jewels across the top finished it off. 

Jessica wanted to play with the re-inkers more, so for this next one, we put the color in in the form of a rainbow. 
                                     
Again, we backed it in black, but didn't add the jewels this time.  It's a simple card to go with the child's sentiment, "Count your rainbows, not your thunderstorms."  Love that one, too.

And finally, we made this card:
                                     
For it, we just punched the men from a die I had on hand.  We left out the purple color for it---didn't figure anyone wanted to see a "purple people eater."  Ha!

These are simple cards but ould be great to send to someone who was alittle down. 
Smiles, Laura

1 comment:

  1. I love these cards - and you have just given me some ideas to use my same stamps! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all comments you leave. If acceptable, they will be posted to by blog.