Sunday, September 19, 2010

The Bird is the Word....

Remember that old song, "The bird, bird, bird; the bird is the word."  I don't remember the rest of that song, but the song just popped into my head when I think of this little fellow.  He's a cutie we are making at my class this month.  I'm calling him a "dodo bird".  I have seen several similar ones on other blogs, but all have been blue.  Since our NC state bird is the cardinal and it's red, I decided my bird had to be red in color.
                                
This little fellow is made using the wide oval, but in my classes we are using the ornament punch for the body.  The head is punched with a 1-1/4" circle punch and the wings are from the Two-step Bird punch.  The tail feathers comes from the Boho Blossoms punch.

The sentiment is from the Great Freind stamp set.  We cut out the Peach Parfait shape and backed it with Pear Pizzazz using the Matchbox die to cut it out. 

Thanks for stopping in to visit today.  Smiles, Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all comments you leave. If acceptable, they will be posted to by blog.