Friday, November 22, 2013

Upright Diamond Card, modified....

Recently another one of my cards was chosen for the weekly technique tutorial on Splitcoaststamper (SCS).  I was very flattered that Beate Johns would run another of my designs. (She has another one scheduled for February, too).  I thought I'd share the cards with you today.  You can find the instructions for making them on SCS.

I am calling it the Upright Diamond card, modified, because I've seen this layout on Pinterest, but the front of the card was a bit off to the left and taller, making it very hard to get it into an envelope. So I figured out a way to modify it to make the "diamond" lay toward the center more.

This first one is the one featured with the instructions on SCS:
 Opened:
 Made a smaller height--4-1/4":
 Opened:
 This one has the front off to the left of center a bit:
 Inside:
 Another smaller size:
 Opened:
 Snowflake one:
 Opened:
I hope you will look up the "how-to" instructions on SCS and make one of these yourself.  It is a striking layout!!
Smiles, Laura

2 comments:

  1. Yay! Beautiful and creative! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ~Shawnie B.
    Shawnie@CardsByShawnie.com
    www.CardsByShawnie.com

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all comments you leave. If acceptable, they will be posted to by blog.