Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Karen Burniston Class last night...

Last night Karen Burniston, the great die designer you all know, came to our little town to teach a class at Sandy's Scrapbook Store.  We were SOOO lucky to have her teach in our area.  
What a fun class it was.  Karen is a delightful person and her designs were wonderful!! 
We all had so much fun.  Here is a shot of Karen and Judy Thompson:
 And here is a picture of me Karen snapped and posted on her Facebook page today (Thank you, Karen!!)  Sure wish I knew more about Facebook.  Ha!!   But I digress...
A friend took this picture of me with my camera.   I'm showing the Autumn card we made.  Love it!!  We made 3 pop-up cards and a swing card.  (Karen, hope I have those terms correct!!)
 Here is Judy working on her card.
 Sharon Capps-Hill and Diane Gardner (Pam Winstead in the background) had fun, too. Sharon is showing the card with the chair inside.  Cute one!!
 Marianne Jones works on her Autumn card.
 We all were busy focusing on our cards. 
My husband loved them all!!  He rightly observed that they were a lot of work, but you know, Karen's dies makes it SOOOO much quicker and easier.    Here are my cards I made (designed by Karen, of course).
Christmas House (Front)
 Christmas House (Inside)
 Autumn (Front)
 Autumn (inside)
 Chair card (inside)
 Swing card (front)
 Swing Card (open)
Well, you can see by the samples what a great class this was.  Wish you could have been with us.  Karen had to drive back to Charlotte last night (about 2-1/2 hours).  We tried to get her to stay but she has a class today at the Enchanted Cottage.  I think she also has classes in Myrtle Beach and Spartanburg, SC this week and weekend before heading back to Texas.  I'm just glad we were lucky enough to have her teach us while she was out this way!  Come back anytime, Karen!!

Smiles, Laura

4 comments:

  1. What beautiful cards! And it looked like you were all having quite a lot of fun making them too! Love 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards! Wish I had known Karen was teaching that class, love her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards! Wish I had known Karen was in town teaching, love her!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! There was a lot of knowledge and creativity in that room!

    ~Shawnie B.
    Shawnie@CardsByShawnie.com
    www.CardsByShawnie.com

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all comments you leave. If acceptable, they will be posted to by blog.