Thursday, April 26, 2012

Hello again......

Yes, finally you hear from me again.  I have been busy with other things and classes and a play day to stamp and when a  lot of going on, I'm afraid to say my blog suffers.  And Blogger made some changes to our blogs which threw me for a day or so when I tried to log on and post.  So finally I'm back today.

Today I'm sharing a couple of samples a friend and I made during our last "play day".  This first one was using a layout on a card sent to me by my friend Rose.  (Her card is shown below.)

 This card uses Stampin' Up! card stock but designer paper in a pack I bought at a local store and LOVED.  It has shine in it, which I love.  The card itself is Pacific Point, layered with Old Olive, and topped with Marina Mist.  I also used white and Bashful Blue on the card.  I cut the flowers out from some of the designer paper that had flower on it.  I love this layout and I know Rose does, too, because she's sent me two cards using it.

It is delightful to find a layout you like and use it in several different colors.

I shared this card and layout with you on April 9.  It was the inspiration for the card below.  This is a great layout for a man's card because it's small in width, but same height as our usual cards.  It's cut 6" x 5.5" and then folded so the card itself ends up 3" x 5.5"  It's fine for any sentiment or message you want to send, but slim.  I sent a Christmas one like this to a new man in our church and he commented to me he'd love to have some cards this size to send to his friends.  So that's why I'm sure its size appeals to men.

During play day I made this card like the one above, using the non-SU designer paper.  It has pacific Point (like my first card) and Old Olive.  I cut strips of paper 3/8" wide and glued them diagonally onto the card.  So easy, and yet a good card to send a man.


Thanks for sticking with me and my blog.  I hope not to be gone so long next time.  Smiles, Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all comments you leave. If acceptable, they will be posted to by blog.