Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Out on a Limb....

I want to share a Halloween card with you today.  I don't send alot of Halloween cards, but each year try to make a few to send to my grandchildren, sisters, etc.  This one uses the Out On a Limb stamp set.
I was inspired by this card my friend Rose Kerry sent me.  She does such beautiful work!!  I loved the layout on her card and decided I'd use it for my card.
OK, so back to my card.  (You can ooohhh and aaaahhh over Rose's at your leisure then back to mine.  Hee hee.)

My card takes its colors from the Frightful Sight Designer paper pack.  I used Old Olive for the card, then layered on Basic Black. I cut squares and rectangles of designer paper patterns to layer on top of the black.


The silver stripe is the new Silver Glimmer Paper in the Holiday Mini.  I LOVE how bright it is.  It's so fun to use.
For the focal point, I cut from Cajun Craze and Basic Black using the Perfect Pennants die.  I stamped the cat, limb and moon from the Out On A Limb set onto white cardstock that I had cut using the Circles #2 die.
The sentiment is from the Delightful Dozen stamp set, stamped in black.  I stamped the limb the kitty is on with Basic Gray in.  So how did I get the cat on the limb so perfectly?  Well, I used the Stamp-a-ma-jig stamp positioner.  This tool is a MUST.  I even used it to stamp the moon in the correct place. 

This card will be going to my sisters for Halloween!  Sorry, girls, no surprise now!

Hope you will all visit my blog again soon!! Smiles, Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all comments you leave. If acceptable, they will be posted to by blog.