Friday, September 30, 2011

FROGS.....

In August we had a Back-to-School Carnival and Marionette Show at our church.  We decorated for a carnival0like atmosphere and had games and afterwards had a marionette show about a prince who was turned into a frog.  We decided our carnival's theme would be Fully Rely On God (FROG) and would give frog finger puppets and other frogs to the children as a reminder of this theme and admonition.We asked church members to sign up to bring food, to host games, to decorate, etc.  I wanted something that would catch members' eyes for sign-up so I made these frog to add to the sign-up charts. 
Here is a close-up of one little fellow.  I used various punches (and I think you can tell which ones) to punch his parts.  Three of those shown have their legs in place, so they aren't mobile.

For this fellow below, I added brads as the joints for his arms and legs, so that I could pose him in many ways.  Look at him all streched out and you can see one in the picture above waving.  If you need to make frogs for any event, you can use this one as an idea.
We had a great carnival.  I think all the kids enjoyed taking their frogs home with them!

Smiles, Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all comments you leave. If acceptable, they will be posted to by blog.