Thursday, December 2, 2010

Winter lamp post.....

 Periodically I write to Stampin' Up! asking for stamps that I really want/need!  I asked last year for wisemen on camels and this year we got Come to Bethlehem, so whether or not I made a difference, I still like to feel that SU is listening to us! 

Well, I've asked them for a lamp post for next year--along with a park bench and some other things.  But while I'm waiting, I decided to make my own lampost.  This is what I came up with.  The top of the lamp is made using the scallop square punch, folded over diagonally and the corners half-circles cut off.    I punched  that little red bird from the Merry Details Sizzlits die. 

I stamped the tall pines in the background from Lovely as a Tree stampset many times in Always Artichoke to get the trees behind the lamp post.  I sponged alittle Baja Breeze on the sky. 

The lamp post itself and cross bar are cut freehand.  I punched the leaves from the Two Step Bird punch from Always Artichoke and Old Olive and hung them over the cross bar.  And the bow, of course is the 1/8" Real Red taffeta ribbon.  I love this narrow ribbon!

I just had to show you the inside, too.  After I stamped the sentiment, I stamped another pine trees at the bottom of the card.  And I stamped the bird from the Scenic Season set in red--as if the bird is now flying away.  I like that touch!
Thanks for visiting my blog today!! I have a special guest artist tomorrow, so please come back!  Smiles, Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all comments you leave. If acceptable, they will be posted to by blog.