Sunday, December 2, 2012

Another Quilting pattern....

Today I'm sharing another quilted card with you.  This one uses Tangerine Tango and Lucky Limeade for the card and layers, along with Whisper White.

For this one, I punched 4 squares using the 1-1/4" square punch from the Summer Smooches and 4 squares from International Bazaar designer series paper.  It is important that both sides of both designer papers coordinate, since both sides of each paper shows.  Sponge the edges on both sides of the designer paper to give it dimension and a better finished look.

Here is a close-up of the folded squares.  To make the folds, fold the squares in half diagonally. Lay out flat and fold the two opposite, non-creased corners to the center crease line.  Look closely and I think you can follow what I mean.
 When you get all 8 squared folded, on a small scrap of cardstock, glue them together at the point, alternating the two different patterns.  I put a pearl in the center to finish off the look.
You can also see in this close-up that I embossed the white cardstock using the Fancy Fan embossing folder.

I used the Modern Label, the Large and Extra Large Oval punches for the sentiment, which is from the Teeny Tiny Wishes set.

Hope you like this one!! Come back soon!
Smiles, Laura

4 comments:

  1. Love this Laura. I do a lot of paper-folding myself and will definitely try this. Glad I decided to follow you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brenda (LadyofCards)December 2, 2012 at 3:01 PM

    This is beautiful. I haven't tried the paper folding, but this I will most definitely try. Thank you.
    Hugs 'N Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the nicest quilted card ever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you take into account optimizing your posts for search systems?

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all comments you leave. If acceptable, they will be posted to by blog.