Friday, November 30, 2012

Male birthdays......

I had two important birthdays this month--my husband Frank's and my brother-in-law Monte's.  I wanted to make a card quickly,  but you know how hard it is to come up with masculine cards!!  Well, I decided these squares would be perfect for these two men. 


I used Soft Suede, Certainly Celery, and Tempting Turquoise for the squares.  I cut 3 of each color in each of 3 sizes--1-3/8", 1-1/4" and 1".  To layer them, I used dimensionals on the 4 corners and center for the bottom layer and on the top, bottom and 2 sides on the top layer.  I like the looks of different heights on the different layers.
 Here is another card I made, this one using Tempting Turquoise, Tangerine Tango, and Daffodil Delight.  I like it, too, but it isn't quite as masculine. 
I think the two fellows like the card.  At least they both had good birthdays!!  Happy Birthday, guys!!

Thanks for stopping by!  Smiles, Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all comments you leave. If acceptable, they will be posted to by blog.