Saturday, December 22, 2012

Snowflake Card....

I designed this card last year and loved it so I thought I'd make more of them to send this year.  It's simple, but elegant.
 I'm not sure you can tell in the pictures but I embossed the snowflake in silver and the sentiment.  Well, imagine my disappointment when Stampin' Up! retired this stamp!!  I was dismayed.
 This year I realized I could use the snowflake from the Snow Swirled stamp set to make the same card.  Again, I embossed the snowflake with silver embossing powder.  I stamped the Peace on Earth in Cherry Cobbler.  It is from the Greetings of the Season set.
 I put a rhinestone "jewel" in the middle of each snowflake.
This one is quick, but I think makes a nice card to send.

Thanks for stopping by today!  Smiles, Laura

2 comments:

  1. LOVELY card... simple but classy.

    May I ask what color did you use for the mat between the cardbase & the embossed white piece.

    Looks like a shade of green or maybe silver.

    Thank you for sharing....

    Happy Holidays,
    jeri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used Always Artichoke for the mat between the card and front (both white). I liked that green with the Cherry Cobbler ribbon. Thanks for the comment and for visiting my blog!!
      Smiles, Laura

      Delete

I appreciate all comments you leave. If acceptable, they will be posted to by blog.