Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Sick? Ick!

It's been so long since I posted! I'm sorry!  It is a busy time of year and other things have taken precedent over my blog.  I finally made time today to show you a new card.

This is a card I made for my friend Joan when she had surgery recently.  Technically she wasn't sick, but I like this "sick-ick" stamp from the Word Play stampset  and had to use it.  I saw this little face fellow somewhere and had to use him on a card.

The card itself is Sahara Sand, layered with Wild Wasabi cardstock with So Saffron designer paper atop that.

The little face is punched using the 1-3/4" circle punch and I used various smaller circle punches for his eyes and "spots".  His tongue is made using Blushing Bride cardstock and the Word Window punch.
Here is a close-up of the face.  I used the white gel pen for accents on it.
Here is another card I made turned landscape with a red tongue on this fellow. 
Joan liked her card and I think it cheered up her day!

Hope you all have a good one.  I will try not to be away so long next time.
Smiles, Laura

3 comments:

  1. These are just way too cute!! If that doesn't bring a smile to the face of someone not feeling good, nothing will. Very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an adorable card. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like to make feel better cards and have them on hand. Your is just too cute. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all comments you leave. If acceptable, they will be posted to by blog.