Friday, May 20, 2011

Two Triple Layer Punch Flower Shares....

Today I have two different, but similar, cards made using the Blossoms Bouquet Triple Layer Punch and the Lattice die!  I made this first one using Peach Parfait cardstock for the card, layered with Pear Pizzazz.  The lattice die is also punched from the Peach Parfait cardstock.  The flowers on this one are Poppy Parade, with a little center of Pear Pizzazz on top. 

 I hope you can tell in this close-up shot that I ran the Pear centers through the Lattice Embossing Folder, too, for added dimension.  And they are put on with dimensionals.  The little sentiments are from the Tiny Tags stamp set, punched out with the Jewelry Tag punch.  They are attached with linen thread run through the lattice.
 I decided to step the card up a bit by adding a layer BEHIND the punched flowers.  Here is that card.  This card is Poppy Parade, Pear Pizzazz, and Daffodil Delight, but the lattice itself is Soft Suede. 
 For these flowers, I punched with from Daffodil and then punched a 3/4" circle to go behind the flowers.  I think this makes them pop out so much more.  What do you think?
Isn't it fun to make a card and then try to improve on it!  I do that alot--seeing if I can come up with just one more thing to move the card from a "good" card to a "great" card! 

Have a wonderful day!! Come back often!! Smiles, Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all comments you leave. If acceptable, they will be posted to by blog.