Sunday, May 15, 2011

Happy "I DO" Day....

My cousin's son is getting married this month and here is a card I designed for them--and for my May classes.  It has alot of details on it but is a really pretty one when you get finished.  The card itself is Basic Gray.  I ran a layer of White through the Framed Tulips embossing folder for the front of the card.
The "bride" and "groom" hearts are layered on gray hearts cut using the Scalloped Heart of Hearts Embosslit die.  I punched the "bride" white heart using the Full Heart punch and then ran it through the Elegant Lines embossing folder.  I positioned it so that two small  circles would be in the center so that I could add Pearl Jewels in the circles. 

For the groom, I punched both a white and black heart and then cut the center out of the black one, so that it looks like two sides of a jacket.  I used the Two-Step Owl punch to punch the two little black hearts for the "bow tie".  Then I added three black brads for the shirt's buttons.

The striped paper is Basic Gray from the Patterns Designer Series Stack in Neutrals.  I layered that on Basic Gray for a border.  I tied a black 1/8" ribbon around that for interest and dimension.


 
I used this sentiment--Happy I DO Day-- from the Word Play set and stamped it in Basic Gray on white.  I punched this with the Curly Label punch and layered that on another Curly Label in Basic Gray.  I cut the gray one in half, to back the white one.
 
I wanted that little ring to really pop out, so I used a Rhinestone Jewel for the stone on the ring. 

My cousin loves homemade cards, so I think they are going to like this one!!

Thanks for stopping by today.  Come back soon! Smiles, Laura

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, this is too fun! What a fabulous wedding card! I just love all of the details you added, too! Such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all comments you leave. If acceptable, they will be posted to by blog.