Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Sailing Away on the same layout....

I shared this layout with you the other day--even in the same colors and paper, but formatted in landscape with the On the Grow scooter on it.  This is what I made with the left-over triangles of the checked paper.  (See my earlier entry for colors and papers used.)  I decided I wanted to try the layout in a portrait format and put the sail boat from Sail Away on it.  Here is what I came up with:
 I love this boat.  It is punched with our 3" Circle Die carried over from the Occasions mini.  I layered it with another circle I cut with a die.
 The sentiment on this one is from Teeny Tiny Wishes.  (Don't I use that set OFTEN!!  Love it!!)  But the shape of this one is a new one for me.  I punched out white cardstock using the Decorative Label punch.  Then I  put it back in to the long side of the punch and punched it again, so that I got a "skinny" Decorative Label punch.  I love how it layers onto the Large Oval!
This is just one more way to use our neat punches.  The hardest thing about this one is getting it straight, so that you have even, same-sized curves on both sides.


OK, I'm loving this one!!  I hope you do, too.  How about trying a sample yourself using this layout and show me what you've made!!  I'll feature you as my guest artist, if you send me what you've made!

Have a wonderful day!!
Smiles, Laura

1 comment:

  1. Hi Laura! It has been entirely too long since I stopped by to visit you! I have missed out on some gorgeous inspiration, too! Wow! I love how you created this card! That sailboat has quickly become one of my favorite stamps from the mini catty. I just love how you used brighter colors with it and the design is absolutle awesome. Very eye-catching! :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all comments you leave. If acceptable, they will be posted to by blog.