Saturday, November 20, 2010

More Cardinals---Goodie Box....

This little goodie box or "rorw"  goes along with the card I shared yesterday.  It has the same little cardinal on it. Instructions for making the cardinal are given in yesterday's post--I just turned this one facing left, rather than the right. 

For this box, I have the instructions below so I will address decorating it first.  The red backing the white is 2-3/4" x 3-1/4"; the white is 2-1/2" x 3".  I ran the white through the Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder to add those neat little dots which look like snow onto it.  The slot for the ribbon is punched using the Word Window punch.  On subsequent boxes, I used the circle punch from the Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack and like the circle better.
  I freehand cut the branch for the bird from Soft Suede cardstock.  I punched out the sentiment backing from Always Artichoke using the Scalloped Square punch.  The sentiment is from the Tags Till Christmas stamp set in the Holiday mini.  It is stamped in Real Red and cut out and mounted onto the scalloped square.
 OK, now for the box itself.  This box was originally shared with my by my friend Rose Kerry last Valentines when she sent me a larger box with a bag of M&M candy in it.  For this one, I cut the pattern down and have tried to show you on the diagram below how to cut and score it. I do not think I can add any insruction to this to help you more.  But if you have problems with it, email me and I'll try to help.
Below is a side view of the box.  I cut some red strips using the Dotted Scalloped Ribbon Border Punch.  As you can see, this box is large enough to hold many small gifts you may be giving--a bag of mints or candlies, a bag with a couple of homemade cookies, a jewelry box with some shiny treasure inside (then you'd want to change the sentiment on the front), well, you can think of others yourself. 
If you made this box for a Christmas gift and wanted to include yesterday's card, you'd want to change the "Thank you" to a "Merry Christmas" tag.

Come back tomorrow to see the darling lantern we are making to go with these two cardinal items!   Thanks for stopping by.  Smiles, Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all comments you leave. If acceptable, they will be posted to by blog.