Sunday, March 14, 2010

"Where have you been?"

I know you are asking, where have I been (at least I hope are missed me). I have just been wrapped up in volunteer work for my church and haven't had time to stamp nor post. And I am still working on my stamp room, converting it from a sewing room to a stamp room, and it is a major job! I will have to finish it after tax time, 4/15!!

I wanted to share a card I've made with you. I saw this layout on a couple of blogs and it was called a variation of the tri-fold on one blog and a Standing Display on another blog. I decided it isn't a tri-fold, but rather a quad-fold, so that's what I am calling it--either that or a standing display. Here is the card closed--the front, if you will. But open it and it is really good. I used the Beautiful Wings Embosslit for the butterflies.Here it is opened up and "on display"! Neat, huh! This will be a fun layout to play with. The possibilities for decorating it are endless. The stamp set used inside is the Best Wishes and More set. It looks complicated and quite impressive when you see it opened up. But it really is fairly easy to make. I have included a drawing of how you have to score it. Score 5.5” x 12” CS from one long side to the other at 2”, 4”, 8” and 10”
Score both long edges 1” deep into the card at 1”, 5”, 7” and 11”
Cut down both long sides in 1” deep from 1” to 5” and from 7” to 11”.
On my drawing above I have given the dimensions for my designer paper I added, too, but you don't really have to add that unless you want.

Here's another card I wanted to show you. I had to do challenge swap using this particular fold (I've shown you this before on my blog) so I decided to add this little bunny to send to my swap partner.

I got this little bunny design from Stephanie Leider and changed his colors a bit to use on this card. I think he is so cute! I love using punches. If you need to know how the fold is done, I can send you the directions. The designer paper is from the Welcome Neighbor DSP Pack in the SAB catalog. I also used the Scallop Trim Border punch you can also earn during SAB. Love that punch!!

I have more to share, but that's for another day!! I hope you have a good day. Thanks for stopping by. Smiles, Laura

4 comments:

  1. This is so cute!!! I clicked on the image with the dimensions to see it closer, but nothing happens. Is it possible to see that image close up? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH WOWSERS Those are both stunning, that first one rocks, and that second one is a delight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that fold - thanks for providing the map so we don't have to figure it out on our own!

    Glad you are back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are gorgeous cards. Why don't you enter your bunny card in the latest challenge at Just Add Ink?
    see -
    http://just-add-ink.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all comments you leave. If acceptable, they will be posted to by blog.