Friday, March 19, 2010

In a different color....

Here is the card layout I showed you the other day in different colors. We made these in our class this week and the ladies loved this layout. It is easier than it looks. I love using stripes for the top and bottom of this card. I think it makes a real impact when someone opens the envelope and finds this card.

Here is another card we are making in class this week. It uses the new stamp set Garden from the Heart in the Occasions Mini Catalog. The designer paper used is also from that mini, the Sweet Pea Paper Stack. Love those patterns in that pack!!The little eyelet lace border around the hat picture is made using the eyelet border punch on a 3/4" strip. Then run it through the crimper to kind of "pleat" it. Then using your hands to pleat it up some more and glue it to the back of the oval. I put pop-ups behind the oval to hold up the center.



Did you notice the hat band. I stamped the hat on some dotted designer paper and cut out the band only and glued it to the hat I had stamped on the oval. Cute, huh?
Here is another card I've made recently. I wanted some cards to send to visitors at our church, welcoming them. This one uses a retired So Saffron ribbon and a retired stamp saying Happy Hellos, but otherwise currently supplies. The stamp set used is Circle Circus and I stamped the various circles in different colors. The card is simple and easy to do, but still is a personally-made card to send to new friends.Thanks for stopping by today. I'll have more to share later. For now, I need to go stamp!!
Smiles, Laura

3 comments:

  1. These are all super!

    Gorgeous attention to detail, they are all so stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Laura your cards are beautiful. Do you happen to have directions for the butterfly card? I would love to try this card.
    Angel hugs
    Debby
    angels5.2005@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will you share your template for the card made with the Cottage Wall DSP? I'm an SU demo in Texas. I LOVE The card!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all comments you leave. If acceptable, they will be posted to by blog.