Sunday, February 10, 2013

Sanded Hexagons

Here is another card we made in class recently.  I used a white base for the card, layered with Pool Party and topped with the Primrose Petals Core'dinations card stock.

You know, Stampin' Up! (SU) paper has color all the way through it.  Core'dinations paper has a white center, the color is just on both sides.  So for this card, I ran the Core'dinations paper through the new Honeycomb embossing folder and then sanded it with SU's new sanding block. This takes the color off the top of the raised areas and shows the white.  Isn't that cool!!
To get the hexagon-shaped designer paper, I ran the designer paper through the embossing folder and it pressed the design into it so deeply that you can cut out the honeycomb shapes.  I used several patterns from the More Amore Specialiy Paper on this card.

That's SU's new 1-1/4" wide Two-tone Ribbon in Pink Pirouette/Rose Red that I tied around the card.

I love this card!!  Hope you do, too!
Smiles, Laura



No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all comments you leave. If acceptable, they will be posted to by blog.