Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Pinwheels are HUGE.....

Right now I'm seeing pinwheels everywhere.  I even decorated a gift I took to a recent wedding shower with a large pinwheel I made.  So for a challenge I hosted recently, I decided we'd have pinwheels as the challenge topic.  

For these pinwheels, I cut 2" squares of designer paper.  From each of the 4 corners, I cut almost to the center, but NOT to the center.  I'd say I left 1/2" in the center between the two corner cuts.  Then I folded into the center the left-hand corner of each of the 4 sides and glued them down with a glue dot.
I added a button in the center of each pinwheel.  I put a Daffodil Delight "stick" on the card to glue the pinwheels to.
I was pleased with how these turned out.  Of course I had to "build" a 3D "envelope" box to mail them in, but I wanted them to arrive un-creased.

Thanks for stopping by!  Smiles, Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all comments you leave. If acceptable, they will be posted to by blog.