Friday, June 1, 2012

Dimensional Card....

Today I'm sharing a card with a neat fold.  My friend Judy brought this one over to our "play day" so I'm not sure where she got the instructions, to give credit.  But I think we modified them a bit anyway. 
Here is the card front:
 
When you open the card, it is three-dimensional,  See here:

I'm sure you will want to try one of these, so I'm going to give you the directions.   Start with a piece of CS that is 5.5" x 12" (or designer paper).  Score at 4", 7.5", 8", and 11.5"
 Put sticky tape on the 1/2" side.
 Layer a 5.25" x 3.25" piece of contrasting cardstock on the inside of the card.  Using a die, cut out the shape you want on the designer paper.  I also traced around the outside of the die and using scissors cut that out, so that I had a larger opening.
 I sponged around the opening I cut out and used the piece I cut from there inside my card.
 Pull the cover off the sticky tape and glue the 1/2" edge down to the inside of the front of the card, making sure your edge in right up next to the score/fold line.
I'm sure you will want to try one of these, so I'm going to give you the directions.

I hope by scrolling back through the pictures, you can tell how this goes together.  When you fold it up, it collapses to the right as a flat card.

Try one and see how it works for you!! I hope you like this new dimensional card.
Thanks for stopping in!! Smiles, Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all comments you leave. If acceptable, they will be posted to by blog.