Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Snow in Capital Letters....

I love using letters to spell out words on cards.  These letters from the Serf Essentials Alphabet die set are LARGE, but I like using them occasionally. 

For this card, I ran the Baja Breeze card (the front half) through the Big Shot using the Snow Burst embossing folder to give it texture. 
I wanted the snow letters to have some sparkle to them, so I used my two-way glue pen on some areas of the letters, then dipped them in Dazzling Diamonds glitter.  Love that effect. You can see it a bit in this picture.
                                    
This shot also shows the individual snowflakes I added.  I used the Silver Glimmer paper for them.  First I peeled the back layer of paper off it, then ran the paper through the Big Shot with the Northern Frost die.  You might need to use a shim to get it to cut totally through the glimmer paper.  But the results are worth it. 

No, I'm not looking for snow yet, but I am about ready for the holidays to be here.  Hope you are too!!
Thanks for visiting my blog today!  Smiles, Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all comments you leave. If acceptable, they will be posted to by blog.