Thursday, October 27, 2011

Diagonal Stripes....

I'm sharing three cards today.  They all use the same layout, but different colors.
This first one uses Real Red and Old Olive from the Brights Patterns Designer Series Paper Stack. 
I cut the strips 1" wide.  I glued them onto a piece of red cardstock. 
The wreath on the cards is from the Bright Hopes set.  I stamped it in Olive.  I punched the red "berries" using the smallest eye punch in the Owl Builder Punch.  I tied the 1/8" red ribbon into a small bow to put on the wreath.  I tied Real Red  5/8" grosgrain ribbon around the card.  I didn't realize until later that this is retired ribbon; but you could use Real Red satin ribbon on it.
For this card (below), I used the dotted and striped BOTH from Old Olive.  It looks nice, too, and you can
use either colors.  The sentiment on this one is from the Grateful Greetings stamp set.
You might remember this card (below).  I shared it with you some time back.  Well, the ones I'm sharing today use this same layout but for Christmas cards.  This is a very good way to use up your old scraps of designer paper.  Since the strips are only 1" wide and about 4" long,  you cna use any scraps left over from card fronts to create this layout.
                                                  
Hope you like these three!  Come back again soon!  Smiles, Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all comments you leave. If acceptable, they will be posted to by blog.