Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Tri-Steps Card....

Today I'm going to share with you a card made with a layout that came from Pat Huntoon's Technique Junkies Techniques CD.  I made this one with our stamping club last night and I think everyone enjoyed having a new cut and fold to learn.  Here is my front.  I used Peach Parfait, Poppy Parade, and So Saffron  for the cardstock.  That's Sunny Garden dotted designer paper on the front.  The flowers are from the Petal Pizzazz stamp set.  Love that one!!!  And the sentiment is from the Upsy Daisy stamp set.  I used the scallop circle punch to punch out the flowers, and put a rhinestone Jewel in the center of each.
 Here is the insdie.  I decorated the left half of the inside with So Saffron cardstock and left the right half plain.
 In this shot (below) you can see the 3 steps, hence the name, Tri-Steps.  I lined each one with striped desiger paper so they show up well.
 Here is another card I made using the same cuts and folds (and don't worry, I have directions below).  I used the stamp set Great Friend on this one--the butterfly and the sentiment.
 Here is the inside of the second card.  I lined the left and right sides of the inside with designer paper and I put punched butterflies on the steps.
NOW, I know you've been wating---here is how you make this card.  I have tried to explain with words (not just the drawing) how to do the cuts and scores.  So please start on the left and follow the directions.  The beginning cardstock size is 5" x 10".  I do not have it on the written instructions, but you need to score on the LONG wide at 4" to make the front of the card fold over.  Then go ahead with the instructions for cutting and scoring the rest of the card.
Let me know if you run into trouble with this one and I'll try to help.  Tomorrow I'll share another card made with this same layout/technique.

Thanks for visiting today!!  Smiles, Laura

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, what gorgeous cards! I love the design and your color combos are perfectly springy, in every way! Love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is soooooo cool!! Thanks for sharing the directions!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all comments you leave. If acceptable, they will be posted to by blog.