Sunday, February 27, 2011

Fun Flowers really are fun...

I've had a great time lately playing with the new Fun Flowers die that is in the Occasions Mini.  My friend Judy came over to stamp with me last week and here is one of the cards we made.  I love the colors on this one.  The card itself is Pear Pizzazz and I topped it with Poppy Parade and used Sunny Garden designer paper on top of that.  The flower layers are punched from Poppy Parade, Peach Parfait, and So Saffron.  I embossed each layer with a different embossing folder to give them texture and sponged it to show details. 

I glued all the flower layers together and then glued them to the Sunny Garden DSP.  Then I cut around the petals and glued that to the Poppy Parade layer.  I cut around that and then glued it to the Pear and cut around that. 
I put a different pattern of the DSP inside the card, so where I trimmed around the flower would really show up.  The leaves on this card are punched with the Blossom Petal Punch.  I used the largest petal for the leaf.  I used my stylus to make the lines, sponged it and put it under the edge of the flower.
 I'm sure you are wondering where I got the sentiment, GLADNESS.  I bought two of the Delight in Gladness builder wheels.  I pulled the rubber of one off the wheel and made stamps with it.  Gladness is one of those stamps.  That's one of the delightful glimmer brads in the middle of the flower.

Here is another card, same layout, that  I made.  This one uses some designer paper purchased locally, along with Certainly Celery, Bravo Burgundy and Baja Breeze cardstock.  I like how it turned out, too.
                
Thanks for visiting me today!!  Smiles, Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all comments you leave. If acceptable, they will be posted to by blog.