Sunday, October 10, 2010

Columbia, SC Regional...

Friday I went to the Stampin' Up! Regional seminar in Columbia, SC.  It was a beautiful day to drive down and I totally enjoyed it!  SU has three of their employees there to talk to us, cheer us on, and generally share tips and ideas with us.  And in advance SU invites local demonstrators to share "wow!" samples and ideas with us so four girls presented their cards and tips to us.  On top of all that, we get to make some "make and takes" and it's fun to make cards someone else designed.  Here are two of my make and takes from that event.

I added the Cajun Craze behind the sentiment label by punching out another Decorative Tag , cutting it in half and gluing it behind the sentiment label.
 We received the stamp set Day of Gratitude from the Holiday Mini as a part of our registration, so the M&Ts used that set. 

For this one (below), I colored the sentiment with three different color makers so that the words could "pop" out at you.  I also colored two of the image stamps with markers to get different colors on one stamp.
 I think both of these turned out neat.  We also made a little box to put a bag of "goodies" like M&Ms inside.  And we made a note card that could be attached to a package.

They also gave us supplies to make a scrapbook page, but I didn't get it made at the event.  When I got home, I decided I'd rather make a couple of cards rather than a scrapbook page.  Here (below) are those two cards.

For this first one, I inked the stamp with River Rock and then used my Old Olive and Cajun Craze markers to add some color to it in a few places.  I like how this one stamped off.
 This is a close up of the tag on the card (below).  Can you tell the wording tag and leaves are popped up with dimensionals?  For the tag, I first stamped it in River Rock and then overstamped in Cajun Craze, so it looks like the words have a shadow behind them.  Neat, huh?
 For the second card, I again stamped the image with River Rock and again added color with the Old Olive and Cajun Craze markers.  I just added MORE color to the image.
                                         
 I cut three 1/4"strips of Cajun Craze  and River Rock, to put at the bottom of this one to put the sentiment over.  Again, I punched an additional Decorative Label (from River Rock this time), cut it in half and mounted it behind the vanilla label. 

Thanks for stopping in today.  Sorry I was away a week; we visited my son and daughter-in-law near Myrtle Beach, SC.   Smiles, Laura

1 comment:

  1. These cards are sooooooooooooo pretty, and that stamp set is just gorgeous! I especially like the card with the clip on it--the one where you colored the stamp w/markers. The cut-out leaves are pretty, too!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all comments you leave. If acceptable, they will be posted to by blog.