Thursday, December 3, 2009

I'm BACKKKKKKK!

OK, I know you're asking—“Where have you been??” (At least I hope you are asking that and have missed me!) We have completed the renovations to our house and I’ve been back to stamping. Well, we did take a week off to go on vacation to Florida with my husband’s sister and husband—and had a delightful time. So all the going and doing is DONE and I have been back in my stamp room getting some samples ready to show you. I appreciate those of you who have not abandoned my blog! Honestly, I will try to do better and not be away so long again.

I've changed my blog picture to show one of my little dog Gabby (Taylor Gabriella) under the Christmas tree last year. She was 6 months old then and still left the tree alone! I'm so proud of her. She's still about the same size but I may snap another picture of her soon. This year's tree is safe so far, too. What a good girl!!!

Here is the first card I wanted to share with you.
This little mouse was originally designed by either Lynn Pratt or Ellen Kemper—I’m not sure which, because they both have made him, but I think Ellen. I have made some changes to mine, but basically he is their design. I used the SU Ornament punch for the head and the Snowflake punch for the tree.

Then I decided Singing Mouse needed a buddy, so I made another card with a “leaner” mouse singing with him. Aren’t they cute? The left mouse has ears made using the Butterfly punch and the right mouse used the wide oval for his head. I love these little fellows.

OK, next, I saw a Moose Lynn made and just had to make myself one of those. Here he is:
This little fellow’s nose is made using the wide Oval punch and his head is the Round Tab punch. The ears are made using the Leaves #2 die and the Big Shot. Again, I made a few changes to mine, but he’s basically like Lynn’s. Isn’t he the cutest!!

My stamping club requires us to make a “gift bag” in December for our cards to each other. We decorate a plain white paper bag and then the group members all vote on the best one. I decided this little fellow would be great on my bag this year, so here is my bag I’ll take to tomorrow night’s club meeting:
I rolled down the top of the white bag and added a red cardstock cuff and then put large grommets in it and added a ribbon handle. Of course the package the moose is carrying is “to: Laura”. I hope my bag is a winner this year!!

OK, on to another sample. This one is a direct copy of Jackie Topa’s card, but with different colors used. I just loved a card she shared with one of my groups and HAD to make me one to show my customers. This one, too, is made with punches.
Front:
Inside:
These fellows have hats/heads made using the Ornament punch. The legs are the Modern Label punch and the Hearts to Heart punch makes the shoes.

OK, let’s rest from punches and others’ designs for now. I want to share a card we are making in my December classes. We are starting to work on Valentines because with ordering stamp sets and making the cards, Valentines will be here before you know it!

This card uses the “Whoo’s Your Valentine?” stamp set.

This would be a cute card for a boy. I used the Top Note die to punch the shape for the card, making sure not to cut through the top of the card. When I mounted my stamps, I cut the words out separately and mounted them on the end of the block so I could use them where I wanted. I decided to put, “Chew, Chew, I Like You” as the smoke coming out of the smokestack. Cute, huh?

Here is one for a little girl, using the same set.

I cut a 4” x 4” square and folded all four corners in to the center. Then I folded them back toward the outside, making a neat little spot for the owl! Today in class we decided this would be a great layout for a baby card, saying “peep-a-boo, I’m new” and putting a baby inside the square. Lots of possibilities for this one! I put two Modern Labels punches together to back the scalloped oval for the wording.

Well, that’s it for today. I have a lot more to share soon. I won’t be away so long, so please come back soon!! Smiles, Laura

6 comments:

  1. Laura, all of these projects are A-D-O-R-A-B-L-E!!!! You are quite the punch artist! I'm so glad you're back from FL and can't wait to see more, more, more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are just sooo cute! My fav are the 2 mice! Great job, and creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Laura, love your projects! I didn't realize when I saw the snowboys card that you had made it - I love it and love how you got one peeping out inside. Cute cards - all; you are so creative - love the reindeers too! Precious! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love all of your stuff! Thanks so much for sharing, I will be finding a way to subscribe as soon as I finish typing this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your take on my little moose. I love that guy! Here is mine:
    http://stampndesign.blogspot.com/2009/11/christmas-present-moose.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad to see you back. Love the Mice, Moose and little boys. I have an idea for next years' cards. Thanks for sharing and feeding my ispiration!
    Cathy in Az

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all comments you leave. If acceptable, they will be posted to by blog.