Sunday, December 6, 2009

I love polar bears!!!!

OK, before I tell you about my polar bears, I must tell you that my bag with the moose and Merry Christmoose on it (see my message from Thursday) won first prize at the bag judging at my stamp club Friday night. Yeah!! Thanks again to Lynn Pratt for that design. I must tell you I had some stiff competition and I think the voting was close. Thankfully I took my granddaughter with me and they let her vote. She voted for me and I probably won by one vote! Sounds "fixed", huh? But we win how we can. ha!! I hope the others forgave me!!

OK, on to polar bears.....I love Polar bears!!! Today I’m sharing with you some polar bears I made using our SU punches. I’ve seen lots of “critters” on others’ blogs, but no polar bears. I signed up to participate in challenge with one of my groups for “Using Punches” and these little fellows were what I came up with.

This first sample has a momma and two babies. Her head and body are made using the 1-3/4” circle punch. I used the large oval punch for the snout and just cut it to fit onto the head. The babies are made using the 1” circle punch (I think) and the small oval for the snout. Aren’t they cute!!
I decided to make a momma using the ornament punch for her head. I guess I like it, too, but the circle is my favorite—probably because it was my first design. And I'm not sure the ornament punch makes a large enough head.
Anyway, I love these fellows in the snow! Now, go make some yourself!! Thanks for stopping by today!! Smiles, Laura

17 comments:

  1. I LOVE them too and these are sooooo Coca cola like! Just adorable TFS!
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like these, & I'm getting more into the punches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. these are SOoooo cute. I might have to make them at my December stamp a stack. ;o) TFS. Lara

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are a real WOW Laura. I hope you've sent them in to SU for the various contests. Too, too cute and sweet. Thanks for sharing the inspiration. - Jean

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! I just wanted you to know that your project will appear on the Yahoo Group Late Night Stamper’s blog finds of the day for December 7. Want to receive your own copy of the blog finds of the day? Join us at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/stampinuplnstampers/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh these ar the cutest things I have seen in awhile. They look just like the ones in the coke commerical. You are very talented

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these, I just had to try them. I linked you on my blog. If you want to see mine, check them out here:
    http://stampndesign.blogspot.com/2009/12/polar-bears.html
    Thanks for the great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These bears are so very cute. I can't wait to give them a go. Thank you for sharing them with us.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Too too cute..you are very clever!! Merry Christmas to you!
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are brilliant and inspiring!! TFS!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are too adorable!! Going into my files to case for next year. Thanks for sharing. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is a fabulous card - will have to try this one!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Laura! This is absolutely brilliant! I am so in love with this card and can't wait to make one! My journey to you has been a long one. I had a visitor to my blog who left a wonderful comment. I went to hers to do the same and found these polar bears. She made a reference to a video on Youtube by Heather Summers. I watched the video and then went to her blog. She said she had seen this technique on someone else's blog (I believe Lynn's). So I went to that blog who then said that the original person's idea was yours at this blog! Whew! What a trip but so worth it. Also, you and I have much in common. I have two Giant Schnauzers! I LOVE your little Gabby! She is so precious. My Giant's are also adorning my blog top! Also, I am an amateur photographer! And we both do cards! Can you believe all we have in common??? LOL I am so glad that I found you and can't wait to spend so more time visiting your blog. I do hope you come see my blog and my Giant Schnauzers! Best, Curt

    ReplyDelete
  14. I so want to try these gorgeous polies!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all comments you leave. If acceptable, they will be posted to by blog.