Friday, April 25, 2014

Welcome, Spring!

I haven't posted to my blog in so long, I hardly know where to start.  Needless to say, it's been a busy time with the holidays after my last post.  Then in February hubby and I were busy working on our house.  We painted the kitchen/dining room area of our great room and then decided to prime and paint the paneling in the living room end.  What a job.  Thankfully it was during our winter's biggest snow storm, so we could not have gotten out and done anything else anyway.  It looks very different in the cream color, rather than the dark paneling.  (Yes, my hubby built that lovely stone fireplace about 30 years ago.  Love it!!)  We are very pleased with the results.  I was busy hunting and purchasing some new decor items to go in the room. 


I have also been busy with Lent and Easter preparations/celebrations at our church.  I am a member of the Altar Design Team and we try to arrange a different altar each Sunday.  Here is one we had during Lent.  The theme this week was "Empty Bowls, Empty Hands."

We have also been to Myrtle Beach, SC, on a little vacation and saw 4 beautiful sunrises.  Here is but one of them!  That vacation was a nice time of rest and relaxation, which we all need.
I so appreciate those of you who wrote to tell me how much you missed me on the blog, expressing your concern that I might have something serious going on.  No, it was just life.  So I thought I'd say hello to you, my faithful friends, today and perhaps share a sample or two.

I am so behind in posting samples, I don't know which to post.  I think for today, I'll just show you several with no instructions and you can use them for inspiration if you like!
 (The instructions for this next one will be on Splitcoaststampers on May 28, so watch for that.  I am their guest tutorial writer that day and will give the "how to's" for this one.)




Hope these have gotten you interested again.  I hope to post again real soon.  I have more cards I want to share with you!  Thanks for keeping in touch with me!!
Smiles, Laura

3 comments:

  1. Sis, you're a whiz at everything you do!! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you are back and nothing is amiss! I have gone through a complete computer crash and an email shutdown for a month, so it was such a happy moment when your email popped up today. I love the altar design team idea and would love to see more pictures of your designs. Maybe our church would like an altar design team. Lois

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all comments you leave. If acceptable, they will be posted to by blog.