Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Have you missed me like I've missed you?

I know, I know, I haven't posted since July 4th! It's been a busy month so far. Of course the new Stampin' Up catalog came out and I was very busy pouring over it to see what I wanted to order. I have a TON of new stamps and designer paper to play with and share with you. So keep watch!

I have also been busy planning for a 90th birthday celebration for my sweet father! He is in great health for his age and we sisters decided back in January to have a party for him. Let me tell you, he has sure had fun anticipating it. I pulled out pictures of his childhood, his college and military service years, etc. from my mom's old photo albums, made up a couple of poster-sized collages, framed alot of 8x10 and 5x7 pictures, etc.

Since we were having the celebration at his church, we expected to have close to 200 people there (we ended up with 160-170, so a nice turnout). I designed and made the guest register shown here for our guests to sign. I used the SU July Fourth stamp set for it on Real Red and Night of Navy cardstock. (I told you I loved this set!!). Can you see the ribbons on the spine that I tied there? The fireworks are stamped in red, navy and silver (silver is hard to see). Across the top of each page inside, I stamped the same fireworks, just to decorate the pages.

I also decided to make name tags for each of his grandchildren and great-grandchildren, sons-in-law, etc. showing each person's relationship to Dad. I decorated the tops of each name tag, again with the July Fourth stamp set. Everyone wore theirs and the guests especially liked seeing all the great-grandchildren wearing theirs around.

Getting ready for the party took my whole week before (party was on July 11) so that's where I was--working on party things. But what a fun day it was!!

Here is a picture of my dad with my sisters and me at the party. Happy Birthday, Dad!!!
Thanks for visiting today! Smiles, Laura

2 comments:

  1. How wonderful!

    Good excuse to neglect us, your blog readers. But now we expect to be entertained again.

    Looks like it was fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura, you did a great job "decorating" for the celebration with ink and rubber. Thanks for sharing with all of us, too.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all comments you leave. If acceptable, they will be posted to by blog.