Friday, March 18, 2011

St. Patrick's Day card inspiration.....

Isn't this a great card!!  It was my St. Patrick's Day swap from my friend Rose Kerry, and she has agreed to be my guest artist today.  Rose always had the most detail on her cards and this one is no exception!  Look at the layers! 
Here is a close-up of her detail.
                          
I wanted you to see the piercing in the photo corners.  And Rose popped up the shamrocks and their circles using dimensionals.  Rose used the Lucky Shamrock stamp from the Occasions Mini and "Good Luck" from the So Happy For You Sale-a-bration stamp set.

This is a great layout and it prompted me to make one of my own--not a St. Patrick's Day card, but just a card using the layout.  Here is what I came up with.
I have two layers of photo corners in two colors, but did not pierce mine.  And I used flowers on the right.  Here is a close-up of them.
I put silver brads in the cebnters. 

For my card I used Not Quite Navy, with Sahara Sand, and marina Mist and a bit of Crumb Cake.  The designer paper is from the Blueberry Crisp pack.
My sentiments are from the On a Pedestal and Birthday Bliss sets.

I love taking a card I love, like Rose's, and trying to come up with the same layout, in a different theme and colors.  Thanks to Rose for allowing me to share her beautiful creation.
Smiles, Laura

1 comment:

  1. Laura, I love both yours and Rose's card! It's so fun to see a layout done different ways. I'm a big fan of that Blueberry Crisp DSP, too. The colors are SO pretty! Great job! :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all comments you leave. If acceptable, they will be posted to by blog.