Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Another Tri-Steps Card

On March 8, I shared with you a Tri-Steps card and it was a hit.  Today I wanted to share another card using this same fold.  This one uses Marina Mist as the card base and I used White, Daffodil Delight and Mambo Melon with it.  It was afraid it was a bit gaudy, but several girls who saw it said it was one of their favorites!  So, I'm showing you today. 

For the center of the card, I cut a 3" square and punched each side using my Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border punch.  I made more of these punched "ribbons" in the Melon and glued those behind my Daffodil ones. 
                                  
Here is a close-up of the sentiment.  It's a Scallop Oval mounted onto a 1-3/8" circle, and layered with a large oval.  Those little flowers on it and on each corner are made with one of the Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack punches.
Here is a close-up of the middle of the front.  That's the teacup from Tiny Teacup.  I cut the "Hello" from under it so I can use both stamps independent of each other.  How do you like the tiny pearl "jewels" on the teacup?  The teacup stamp is dotted so I thought the pearls would be a nice touch.
 Now for the inside of the card.  Again, I punched a 3" square using the Ribbon Border punch.  I used designer paper from  the Brights and Subtles Patterns DSP Stacks.
 In this shot, yoou can see the stairsteps. 
I am not goinng to take space to show the instructions for this card again.  You can find them on my March 8 entry.  Good luck making your own!!

Thanks for stopping in today!!  Smiles, Laura

2 comments:

  1. Laura, this is so fun! I love, love, love all of the awesome details on the front card. The happy colors, the pearls on the cup and that fun frame. Then the inside!! WOW! You are the master of the "fun fold" card. I am always so inspired after visiting you! Have a happy day today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome card, Laura! That's a great color combo, but the tiny pearls on the cup are so creative! You inspire me!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all comments you leave. If acceptable, they will be posted to by blog.