Thursday, November 25, 2010

Chickadee Birthday....

I've gone bird crazy, I think you'll agree.  My husband's birthday was the other day and I wanted to make him a birthday card with a winter Chickadee on it.  He really likes those little birds.  After I made the Cardinal for my November classes, I decided I had to try some other birds; hence the chickadee was born.
The card itself is Wild Wasabi green (I seem to be using the color alot lately!) with black and a designer paper over that. 
Here is a close-up for the bird.  I used the 1-3/8' circle punch from the retired Going Grey cardstock for  him and cut off a slash of it on one side.  I rounded the top a bit to give him a more "slick" head like a chickadee has.  The black and white on his head are cut from cardstock and just cut to fit.  His wing is from the Two-Step Bird punch in Basic Grey cardstock.  I just colored on some white and black lines with the markers and gel pen. And his beak is also grey.  The little nest of branches he is sitting on is cut from Certainly Celery and Wild Wasabi green punched with a Martha Stewart punch.
I used the Decorative Label punch from Wasabi and Celery greens for the backing behind the Birthday Wishes sentiment.  I thought a green brad for the "i's" dot would be a nice touch!

I'll have more of these 1-3/8" circle birds to share later---I've made 8 different birds in all.  I just need to get them on cards!  So keep stopping by and I'll post them as I have time!  Smiles, Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all comments you leave. If acceptable, they will be posted to by blog.